For Immediate Release
Thursday, July 05, 2012
Friday, July 6
• Josh Abbott Band in Concert: Josh Abbott Band will perform after the races Friday, July 6. The concert is free with $5 General Admission until 9 p.m., or $20 after 9 p.m. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian of 30 years of age or older.
• Bar & Book Happy Hour: Customers can check out the new Bar & Book, Lone Star Park’s newly-renovated simulcast facility, while enjoying happy hour, Monday through Friday 4 – 7 p.m. Happy hour specials include $3 well drinks and $2 select domestic drafts. Admission and parking to Bar & Book is free.
Saturday, July 7
• Jockeys & Java: Fans can join us for Jockeys & Java this Saturday, July 7. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast of a danish or muffin, a breakfast burrito, coffee and juice, while observing the horses during their morning training program. Listen to insights and commentary from Track Announcer, John Lies and his special guest this week, Lone Star Park’s bugler Jay Ellsmore. Afterwards, everyone can enjoy an in-depth tour of the barn and stable area. The free morning workout program begins at 8:30 a.m. this Saturday.
• Fan Appreciation Day: Fans can enter to win great prizes like cash, gift cards and more in our Fan Appreciation Day drawings. Drawings will be held between races. Entry deadline is 2 p.m. and those entering must be 21 years of age or older. No purchase necessary. The Vic Duncan Band will perform on the Courtyard of Champions Stage between live races, from 1 to 5 p.m. The Family Fun Park will be open from noon to 4 p.m. with pony rides, a petting zoo and bounce houses.
• Stars of Texas Day: Live racing begins at 1:35 p.m. and features four stakes races; the $100,000 Texas Stallion Stakes (Pan Zareta Division for 2-year-old Fillies), the $100,000 Texas Stallion Stakes (Staunch Avenger Division for 2-year-old Colts & Geldings), the $50,000 Assault Stakes and the $50,000 Valor Farm Stakes.
• Billy Currington in Concert: Billy Currington will perform after the races Saturday, July 7. The concert is free with your $5 General Admission until 5 p.m., or $20 after 5 p.m. Mark MicKinney will perform on the main stage just before Billy Currington.
• UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II; Live on Pay-Per-View at Bar & Book: The Bar & Book’s sports bar will feature the Pay-Per-View event, UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II on Saturday, July 7. Preliminary bouts will begin at 7 p.m. and the Pay-Per-View broadcast will begin at 9 p.m. Admission to Bar & Book is free and a $20 food & beverage minimum per person is required after 8 p.m. to watch this event.
Sunday, July 8
• Senior Citizens’ Day and Military Discount Day: All senior citizens’, age 62 or older with a valid I.D., or members of any branch of the military, with a valid military I.D., receive free general admission.
• Pepsi Can Offer: Bring any Pepsi can to Lone Star Park and receive a Pepsi track pack good for One (1) Free General Admission and One (1) Free Large Pepsi. This offer is only available in the Grandstand for live racing.
• Jazz Brunch in Silks: Enjoy a live Jazz Trio performing in Silks dining room from noon – 3 p.m., and an all-you-can-eat omelet station for only $8.95.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, a Class I racetrack operated by Global Gaming Solutions LLC, offers a 53-day 2012 Spring Thoroughbred Season which opens Thursday, April 12 and concludes on Sunday, July 8. Live racing will be held four days a week, Thursday and Friday at 6:35 p.m. (except Thursday, May 31 and Thursday, July 5 when there will be no live racing), and Saturday and Sunday at 1:35 p.m. The racing program on Memorial Day, May 28, will start at 1:35 p.m. Special twilight programs will be held at 5 p.m. on both Tuesday, July 3 (with post-race concert by award-winning country artist Pat Green) and Wednesday, July 4 (with the Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration). The track’s 26-day, 2012 Fall Meeting of Champions for American Quarter Horses will be held from Sept. 14 to Nov. 10.
Lone Star Park is also home to the multi-million dollar simulcast racebook, sports bar and event venue, Bar & Book. The 36,000 square foot venue is open to the public 363 days a year. For more information on Lone Star Park visit LoneStarPark.com
Global Gaming Solutions, LLC (GGS), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation with a primary business focus of pursuing entertainment, gaming and racing related opportunities in emerging jurisdictions in the United States and overseas as well as acquisition of regional gaming and entertainment assets. GGS LLC is the parent company of GG RP, which owns Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK and GG LSP. Global Gaming Solutions, LLC, is the track operator who owns the license to operate Lone Star Park and leases the property from the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.