For Immediate Release
Dramatic Renovation Includes 300 Plus Hi-Tech TVs, Designer Furnishings and Enhanced Culinary Offerings (images)
Monday, April 08, 2013
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX-- (APRIL 8, 2013) When guests enter Silks Dining Terraces on the fourth floor of the 280,000 sq ft. glass-enclosed, climate-controlled grandstand for the 2013 Spring Thoroughbred Season, they will be met with a new, improved and modern dining area encompassing significant changes in the interior design, culinary offerings and electronics put in place by Global Gaming Solutions and the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.
The main 1,200 seat Silks Dining Terraces have undergone a dramatic renovation including 1,500 new chairs, 300 plus flat screen televisions along with a fresh new paint palette throughout. A completely redesigned flat screen television presentation will allow for better viewing of the horse races at Lone Star Park and at tracks across the country.
"Bottom-line, you won’t recognize Silks," said Drew Shubeck, President and General Manager, Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie. "Our goal is to provide each of our customers with the best in entertainment in a comfortable, beautiful setting. The magnificent 'Sport of Kings' demands the best and Lone Star Park has stepped up its offering with these renovations and upgrades."
In tandem with the physical changes, the culinary team at Lone Star Park has introduced an enhanced Silks menu featuring a selection of modern dishes which incorporate a fresh approach to dining. The new items reflect the demands of today's consumer with more fresh vegetables, grilled entrees and other healthier options. Some of the items premiering this season are:
- Silks Hummus “Martini” served with warm smoked pita chips and assorted crisp vegetables
- Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna Steak served over crisp, Asian-inspired stir-fried vegetables
- Fresh Filet of Salmon blackened or grilled and served on a bed of warm white bean spinach salad
- Fiesta Veggie Burger with avocado, chipotle mayonnaise and mixed greens, served on a grilled bun
- Silks Turkey Burger seasoned and served with a homemade pecan cranberry slaw on a grilled bun
Longtime Lone Star Park customers will not be disappointed as the popular signature items from Silks remain ever present on the menu. These house specialties include:
- Pick Six Platter featuring gulf shrimp, chicken tenders, jalapeno poppers, southwest spring roll, seasoned fruit and assorted cheeses
- Buttermilk Fried Catfish lightly marinated, served with tartar sauce, pecan cranberry coleslaw and seasoned fries
- Chicken Fried Steak a tender cube steak, coated in seasoned flour and buttermilk, served with mashed potatoes and country gravy.
- Smoked Brisket tender brisket smoked and served with BBQ sauce, pecan cranberry slaw and onion rings
- Jockey Club Sandwich with thinly sliced ham and turkey, smoked bacon and provolone cheese, lettuce and tomato, served on toasted honey wheat bread
- Silks Burger pure USDA choice, grilled and topped with melted cheese, served on a grilled bun
The extensive Silks menu includes starters, burgers, classic steaks, seafood, sides and a delicious selection of house-made desserts all perfect for keeping horse lovers and casual diners satisfied.
Lone Star Park's popular "all you can eat" buffet has also been enhanced with more extensive and varied offerings. Most notable is the doubling of the selections on the salad bar, now containing over 25 items such as numerous choices of fresh vegetables, homemade specialty salads and premium dressings. For the first time, guests will be able to enjoy the "Unlimited Salad Bar" as a selection on the menu for only $10.99. The full buffet, including the salad bar is $29.00 for adults and $8.50 for kids 12 years and under.
"We believe in serving delicious food at a tremendous value," said Mr. Shubeck. "Lone Star Park has held the line on menu prices, ensuring that our guests can dine out at a fair price.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, a Class I racetrack operated by Global Gaming Solutions LLC, offers a 50-day 2013 Spring Thoroughbred Season which opens Thursday, April 11 and concludes on Saturday, July 6. Live racing will be held four days a week, Thursday and Friday at 6:35 p.m. (except Thursday, May 30, Sunday, June 23 and Sunday, June 30 when there will be no live racing), and Saturday and Sunday at 1:35 p.m. The racing program on Memorial Day, May 27, will start at 1:35 p.m. Special twilight programs will be held at 5 p.m. on both Wednesday, July 3 and Thursday, July 4 (Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration). The track’s 26-day, 2013 Fall Meeting of Champions for American Quarter Horses will be held from Sept. 13 to Nov. 9.
Lone Star Park is also home to the multi-million dollar simulcast racebook, sports bar and event venue, Bar & Book. The 36,000 square foot venue is open to the public 363 days a year. For more information on Lone Star Park visit LoneStarPark.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Global Gaming Solutions, LLC (GGS), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation with a primary business focus of pursuing entertainment, gaming and racing related opportunities in emerging jurisdictions in the United States and overseas as well as acquisition of regional gaming and entertainment assets. GGS LLC is the parent company of GG RP, which owns Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK and GG LSP. Global Gaming Solutions, LLC, is the track operator who owns the license to operate Lone Star Park and leases the property from the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.