For Immediate Release
Wednesday, June 04, 2014
Thursday, June 5
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Eight live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• Brews and Beards: Join us for live music by The Project between the races, featuring craft beers and our search for the best beards in the Metroplex taking place in our Courtyard of Champions from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
• Free Poker at Bar & Book: Join us at Bar & Book each Thursday night to play with the World Poker Tour Amateur Poker League! Two sessions will be available each Thursday, 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., and it is completely free to play. Compete for a $50 mutuel voucher each session, a $250 mutuel voucher monthly and more than $150,000 in cash and prizes awarded annually by the WPT Amateur Poker League! *No purchase necessary to play.
May Prize Tournament to be held June 5
June Prize Tournament to be held July 3
Friday, June 6
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission,$20 Admission after 8:00 p.m. Free General Parking.
• Advance Wagering: Advance wagering on Belmont Park’s Saturday card, including the Belmont Stakes, is available today.
• Live Music in the Courtyard: Scott McCurry will perform between races in our Courtyard of Champions from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
• Lone Star Music Series PresentsRandy Rogers Band in Concert: The Randy Rogers Band will take the stage after the final race Friday, June 6. Admission is just $5 before 8:00 p.m. and $20 thereafter. Lone Star Music Series has an age policy for all concerts; you must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a legal guardian 30 years old or older. For more information call 972-263-7223.
Saturday, June 7
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: 11 live races scheduled. Gates open at 11:30 a.m. First race post time is 1:35 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• 146th Belmont Stakes: Get your ‘Chrome’ on and come watch, wager or just cheer for favorite California Chrome as he attempts to become the 12th horse in history to win horse racing’s Triple Crown. Simulcast of the 146th Belmont Stakes will be at approximately 5:40 p.m. (CDT) between our eighth and ninth live races.
• Belmont Stakes Day Family Fun: The Family Fun Park opens today from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be pony rides, a petting zoo and bounce houses. Fun for the whole family!
• Live Music in the Courtyard: Eternal Motion will perform between races in our Courtyard of Champions from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Lone Star Music Series Presents38 Special in Concert: Incognito will take the stage after the final race Saturday, June 7 followed by 38 Special at approximately 8:30 p.m. Admission is just $5. Lone Star Music Series has an age policy for all concerts; you must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a legal guardian 30 years old or older. For more information call 972-263-7223.
• Lone Star SHOW-down: Star Player Rewards members can make their selections each Saturday, beginning June 7 through June 28 for the horse you think will finish third or better in the two selected races from Lone Star Park. If either of your selections fails to finish in the money then you are eliminated. If successful, then you will continue to be eligible the following Saturday! Simply swipe your Star Player Rewards card at the kiosk and you will be prompted to make your selection. The last player standing will be the big winner! *Selections must be submitted prior to post time of first race each day.
Prizes: 1st Place – Sony Bravia 50” Smart 3D HDTV
2nd Place – Apple Ipad Air
3rd place – 250,000 Bonus Points ($250 Value)
Sunday, June 8
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 11:30 a.m. First race post time is 1:35 p.m. (CDT)
•Senior Citizens' Day: Seniors 62 years or older will receive one (1) FREE General Admission at our Admission Gates every Sunday through June 15 during the 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season. Just present your valid identification at the designated areas at our entrances to receive your coupon.
• Military Discount Day: Present your Military ID any Sunday through June 15 during the 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season and receive one (1) FREE General Admission at our Admission Gates. Just present your valid identification at the designated areas at our entrances to receive your coupon.
• Pepsi Can Offer: Bring any Pepsi Can out on any Sunday through June 15 during the 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season and receive a Pepsi track pack, good for one (1) FREE General Admission and one (1) FREE large Pepsi.*Valid for live racing only in the Grandstand.
• Jazz Brunch in Silks: Enjoy live Jazz music and an Omlette Brunch in the newly renovated Silks Dining Room every Sunday through June 15 during the Spring Season. Omlette station includes an omelette of your choice, new potatoes and biscuits for $8.95. For advance reservations call 972-263-7223.
Additional Notes:Jockey David Cabrera, no longer an apprentice, has won five races since he became a journeyman on May 27, and still holds the lead in the rider standings with 40 wins for the meet. Jockey Luis Quinonez is not far behind with 37 wins. Trainer Karl Broberg still has a comfortable lead with 40 wins over Steve Asmussen’s 26.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, a Class I racetrack operated by Texas Partners LSP and GG LSP. The track offers a 50-day 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season, which opens Thursday, April 10 and concludes on Saturday, July 12. Live racing will be held three days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6:35 p.m. (except Thursday, May 29 when there will be no live racing), and Sundays at 1:35 p.m. (beginning April 27 through June 15.) A Special twilight program will be held at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 4 (Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration). Special post time for the Belmont Stakes will be 1:35 p.m. on Saturday, June 7. For more information on Lone Star Park visit LoneStarPark.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Lone Star Park is also home to the multi-million dollar simulcast racebook, sports bar and event venue, Bar & Book. The 36,000 square foot venue is open to the public 363 days a year.
Global Gaming Solutions, LLC (GGS), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation with a primary business focus of pursuing entertainment, gaming and racing related opportunities in emerging jurisdictions in the United States and overseas as well as acquisition of regional gaming and entertainment assets. GGS LLC is the parent company of GG RP, which owns Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK and GG LSP, which owns a significant stake in Lone Star Park. GG LSP is the track operator who owns the license to operate Lone Star Park and leases the property from the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.
- 30 -