For Immediate Release
Wednesday, July 09, 2014
Thursday, July 10
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT).$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• Brews and Beards: Join us for live music by Jolie Holliday between the races, featuring craft beers and our search for the best beards in the Metroplex taking place in our Courtyard of Champions from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
• Free Poker at Bar & Book: Join us at Bar & Book each Thursday night to play with the World Poker Tour Amateur Poker League! Two sessions will be available each Thursday, 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., and it is completely free to play. Compete for a $50 mutuel voucher each session, a $250 mutuel voucher monthly and more than $150,000 in cash and prizes awarded annually by the WPT Amateur Poker League! *No purchase necessary to play.
July Prize Tournament to be held Aug 7
Friday, July 11
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: 10 live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT).$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• “Party at the Park”: Join us in our Courtyard of Champions for "Party at the Park" from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Enjoy live music by Eternal Motion plus $2 beer specials
*Subject to change. Drink specials not available on concert nights.
Saturday, July 12
• Closing night for Live Thoroughbred Racing: 10 live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT).$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• Music in the Courtyard: Live music by Professor D between races in the Courtyard of Champions from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
• Jack Van Berg Book Signing: Hall of Fame trainer Jack Van Berg will be here inside the East Grandstand entrance at 5:30 p.m. to meet with racing fans and sign copies of the book, “Jack, From Grit to Glory, a Lifetime of Mentoring, Dedication and Perseverance,” a biography written by long-time racing personality, Chris Kotulak. Van Berg will be joined by Kotulak. Copies of the book will be available for $20. Get a copy and have it personally signed by Mr. Van Berg and the author Chris Kotulak on this rare and special occasion.
• Stars of Texas Day: The last day of this season is a great day for live racing! There are four stakes races carded – the 17th Running of the $50k Valor Farm Stakes for Texas-bred fillies & mares, 3-yr-olds & up going 6 furlongs on the main track; the 17th running of the $50k Assault Stakes for Texas-breds, 3-yr-olds & up going 1 mile on the main track; the divisional TTA Sales Futurities, $100k filly division and $100k colt & gelding division each for 2-yr-olds going 5 furlongs on the main track. That’s $300k in purses for these four races alone!
• End of Meet Awards: We will be celebrating the 2014 Thoroughbred Season Champions between races throughout the night for the following categories: Claimer of the Meet, Horse of the Meet, Leading Trainer, Leading Apprentice Jockey/Leading Jockey, Texas-bred of the Meet and Leading Owner.
Additional notes: David Cabrera has already claimed the leading apprentice jockey title of the meet, can he hold on to win the leading journeyman jockey honors as well? There are three live race days remaining to find out. Through Saturday, July 5, Cabrera has 63 wins, Luis Quinonez has 53 wins and Lindey Wade has 46. Trainer Karl Broberg has dominated this meet and it’s safe to say, will be Lone Star Park’s leading trainer (his first title). Through the end of racing Saturday, July 5, Broberg has 58 wins over Steve Asmussen with 37, and Bret Calhoun with 36. The leading owner, it appears, will be a contest to the end of racing this Saturday, July 12. End Zone Athletics Inc. has a one win advantage over 2013 leading owner Danny Keene at 20-19. End Zone Athletics Inc. has 4 entered over the final three days and Keene has 12 entered. We will closely follow their progress. Good luck to all of our horsemen!
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, a Class I racetrack operated by Texas Partners LSP and GG LSP. The track offers a 50-day 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season, which opens Thursday, April 10 and concludes on Saturday, July 12. Live racing will be held three days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6:35 p.m. (except Thursday, May 29 when there will be no live racing), and Sundays at 1:35 p.m. (beginning April 27 through June 15.) A Special twilight program will be held at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 4 (Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration). Special post time for the Belmont Stakes will be 1:35 p.m. on Saturday, June 7. For more information on Lone Star Park visit LoneStarPark.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Lone Star Park is also home to the multi-million dollar simulcast racebook, sports bar and event venue, Bar & Book. The 36,000 square foot venue is open to the public 363 days a year.
Global Gaming Solutions, LLC (GGS), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation with a primary business focus of pursuing entertainment, gaming and racing related opportunities in emerging jurisdictions in the United States and overseas as well as acquisition of regional gaming and entertainment assets. GGS LLC is the parent company of GG RP, which owns Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK and GG LSP, which owns a significant stake in Lone Star Park. GG LSP is the track operator who owns the license to operate Lone Star Park and leases the property from the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.
- 30 -