Last Updated: April 7, 2021
Make sure you’re up to date on our precautions before your next visit:
The health and safety of our patrons is our number one priority. We continue to monitor closely Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and public health advancements, and we have implemented operational procedures and protocols that you need to know before you make your next trip to Lone Star Park.
DO NOT ENTER LONE STAR PARK IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WITHIN THE 24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
- Shortness of breath
- Felt unwell or have had cold or flu-like symptoms
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (addominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
- Loss of taste or smell
- If you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days
We strongly encourage everyone 2 years of age or older to wear a mask. This will help mitigate the spread of Covid-19. This advice will protect you and your fellow patrons. Masks are available upon request at each entrance.
Physical (Social) Distancing of 6 feet (2 arm lengths) is recommended for attendees from different households. Please stay 6 feet away from those outside of your household.
While in attendance, please wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer often.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols. Enhanced cleaning procedures will be followed, including the use of electrostatic sprayers and EPA-certified chemicals during daily closures as well as more frequent manual disinfection processes with EPA-registered disinfectant on high-touch surfaces like door handles, railings, elevator buttons, ATMs, self-serve wagering machines and other hard surfaces. The number of hand sanitizer dispensers has been increased and will be placed at guest and employee entrances and exits as well as high-contact areas.
LIVE RACING OPERATIONS AT THE GRANDSTAND
Live Racing at the Grandstand is a Ticketed Event. Reserved seating areas will be limited to 50% occupancy and IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT EVERYONE PURCHASES THEIR TICKETS IN ADVANCE. Available Tickets will be sold on-site at the admission gates the day of the event, but tickets for reserved seats could sell out quickly. General Admission will be available.
- Occupancy is limited in all areas that have reserved seats and all appropriate physical distancing measures must be adhered to.
- The Grandstand is a completely non-smoking facility. All smoking must be conducted outdoors.
SIMULCAST OPERATIONS AT BAR & BOOK
Bar & Book is open for Simulcasting seven days a week at 10:00 a.m.
- Occupancy is limited and all appropriate physical distancing measures must be adhered to.
- At this time, only every other seat is available.
- All seating, including carrel seats are free and first-come, first-served*. There will not be any reservations or “holding” of seats*. Everyone will need to have a seat.
*The only exception is on Kentucky Oaks Day (4/30), Kentucky Derby Day (5/1), Preakness Stakes Day (5/15) and Belmont Stakes Day (6/5) when everyone will need to have a ticket in advance to be able to enter Bar & Book. Tickets are available online at https://www.lonestarpark.com/Tickets. There will be a tent available on these 4 days for walk up wagering for anyone that doesn’t have a ticket.
- No outside food & beverages will be allowed.
- Bar & Book is a completely non-smoking facility. All smoking must be conducted outdoors on the patio or in the Courtyard Veranda. Televisions and self-serve wagering machines are available in both areas.
- Groups of 2-4 people are encouraged to sit at a dining table inside the bar or lounge area. Individuals not part of a group are encouraged to sit at a carrel seat.
- Please do your part in cleaning up after yourself when leaving for the day. This will help your fellow patrons know when a seat has become vacant.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens when maximum occupancy is reached at Bar & Book?
If maximum capacity is reached, patrons will be asked to wait in clearly marked queue lines that have been set up at the entrance and spaced six feet apart to allow for physical distancing as patrons wait to enter the facility. As other individuals leave the facility, individuals in line will be able to enter the building. Individuals who exit the facility will be required to enter the queue lines for re-entry into Bar & Book.
Is there a maximum occupancy at the Grandstand for Live Racing?
No. While all reserved seating areas have been limited to 50%, the General Admission has no maximum. It is recommended that everyone purchase their tickets in advance, including for General Admission.
Can I enter Bar & Book from the Live Racing area and vice versa?
Due to our needs to keep very accurate occupancy counts within each side of our business independently, we will ask that everyone who wishes to visit another area will need to do so by exiting out the front door and then entering the other building at that building’s main entrance.
Is Valet Parking available?
Yes, valet parking will be available beginning Thursday, April 22 at the Grandstand for Live Racing ($15) as well as at Bar & Book for simulcasting ($5).